boil some regular milk with a pinch of salt, add flour (all purpose) or rice flour……after becoming cold make it tender with a bit of GHEE by hand……take small amount of dough, rolle by finger and make a spiral shape as like as the pics……..for syrup, take 1 cup sugar with 3 cup water and wait for boil…..after 10 min boiling turn the heat off…….fry those spiral dough in deep oil with medium heat until it become brown…….add the brown well done fried spiral into the warm syrup for a long……..
Tom yam soup and spring roll
8 oz (250 g) shrimp/prawns, shelled and deveined, with shells reserved
3 cups (24 fl oz/750 ml) water
2 garlic cloves , minced
5 kaffir lime leaves
3 thin slices fresh or dried galangal
1/4 cup (2 fl oz/60 ml) fish sauce
2 stalks lemon grass/citronella (ta-krai), lower 1/3 portion only, cut into 1-in (2.5-cm) lengths
2 shallots, sliced
1/2 cup sliced straw mushrooms
5 green Thai chili peppers optional
1/4 cup (2 fl oz/60 ml) lime juice
1 teaspoon chili paste
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
How to cook:
1. Rinse the prawn shells and place them in a large pot with the water. Heat to boiling, strain the broth and discard the shells.
2. Add the garlic, lime leaves, galangal, fish sauce, lemon grass and shallots to the stock, then the mushrooms and chili peppers, if using. Cook gently for 2 minutes.
3. Add the shrimp to the soup, and reheat to boiling. When the shrimp are cooked,add the lime juice and black chili paste Pour the soup into the bowl,garnish with the cilantro leaves, and serve.
spinach curry with sweet potatoes.
You can use shrimp if you like.
Shuji – 3/4 cup
All purpose flour – 1/4 cup
Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Salt – to taste
Oil – To deep fry
* Mix shuji, flour, salt, baking powder and water. Make a soft dough.
* Keep this aside for 15 – 20 min.
* Make small size balls and help with some dry flour roll into thin rounds.
* Heat oil in a pan and deep fry till light brown.
* 55 to 60 puries can be made by this recipe.
To make Pur:
Chick Pea – 1 can
Potato – 2 (big size)
Green chili – 2/3 finely chopped
Cilantro – 1/4 cup finely chopped
Cumin Power – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
* Drain the water from the canned chick peas. Rinse in water.
*Mix all the ingredient together.
Serve the Fuchka with Tamarind sauce.
[N.B: You can buy Shell from any indian store]
Beef Jhal (Spicy) Tehari
onion kuchi : 1/2 cup
ginger paste : 1 table spoon
garlic paste : 1/2 tea spoon
chili powder : 1/2 table spoon
turmeric powder : 1/2 table spoon
coriander powder : 1/2 table spoon
cumin powder : 1/2 table spoon
black pepper powder : 1/2 tea spoon
bay leaves : 2 ta
darchini : 2-3 pieces
elach : 4-5
cloves : 3-4
green chili : 8 ti
oil ( preferably musturd oil) :1/2 cup
polao chal : 2 cup
prothome shob moshla r salt diye beef sheddho kore nite hobe.mangsho norom hole r pani shukiye gele namiye nite hobe.onno harite tel gorom kore prothome gorom moshla foron dite hobe. then peyaj add kore brownish na hoa porjonto bhajte hobe. then tejpata add kore mangsho add korte hobe. mangsho koshiye bhuna kore nite hobe.bhuna hoye ashle moshla theke mangsho tule alada kore rakhte hobe. chal dhuye pani jhoriye moshla te add korte hobe.2-3 min bheje 4 cup pani add korte hobe. ekbar fute uthle ektu nere tate mangsho add korte hobe.erpor green chili add kore 20 min khub olpo anch e lid diye rakhte hobe. chal sheddh hoye gele chula theke namiye prie 25 mins por lid uthiye felte hobe. now ready to serve with salad……:-)
Farzana Hoque ‘s Thai soup recipe-
2) put a sauspan into a stove, pour chicken stock on it and bring to boil chicken stock. Now add fried chicken/prawn+ mushroom + corn in the boiling stock.
3) Add a little bit of dark Soya sauce, hot chilli sauce and salt. Leave the stock for a few minutes on the stove.
4) Whisk an egg in a seperate bowl and pour it on to boiling stock. Keep stirring in order to get nice and smoothy texture in soup.
Note-I used portabella mushroom instead of using a can mushroom. You can also use fresh button mushroom and any type of vege of your own choice.
Farzana Hoque’s recipe
1)Fry drumsticks in hot oil , turning occasionally for a few mins, or until golden brown. take drumsticks out from the pan.
2) in the same oil put diced onion and fry onion until it looks light brown in color. now add garlic paste+ginger paste+cumin powder+corionder powder+chillie paste+little bit of garam masala powder. Fry these ingredients for a while. add 1 tbs of yoghurt on it while frying.
3)Now add drumstick in to this masala mixtute so that all the drumsticks get coated with masala.Add water in to it. Make sure there is enough water is added in order to create gravy like consistency. Bring to boil till the chicken being half cooked, then put diced red bull horn capcicum (you can use regular capsicum instead of redbull horn capsicum) in chicken. Cover and simmer until chicken in tender. Stir 1 tsp of lemon juice and sliced fresh chillies
Nawshin Laila’s haleem
mutton – half kg
onion- 4 med
garlic n ginger paste – 1 spoon
green chillies – as much as u like
haleem mix masala .. – 1 pack
heat some oil in the pan and then fry some onion and then some garlic and ginger paste and put the meat. when the mixing is done pour some water for the meat to get cooked. once the meat is tender, i followed the haleem mix receipe … just follow that.
once cooked, spinkle with fried onions, green chillies, coriander and cucumber and lime.
i used raduni haleem mix..
mixed veg ektu fry kore nite hobe .. then if u want egg then fry korte hobe then uthai rekhe .. pan e oil diye onion, chillies, soya salt n tasting salt diye rice diye dite hobe .. once u mix all of them .. chilli flakes, tomatoes diye kisu khon rekhe uthai felte hobe .. thts it !!
•1/2 cup All Purpose flour
•1 teaspoon besan (gram flour)
•1/2 teaspoon yeast
•1/2 teaspoon oil
•1/2 teaspoon sugar
•About 1/3 cup of lukewarm water (as needed)
•1 cup sugar
•1/2 cup water
1.Dissolve the yeast in warm water and let it sit for about five minutes.
2.Mix the flour, besan (gram flour), oil, and sugar together.
3.Add the yeast solution and mix well, making sure that there are no lumps and the batter is smooth.
4.Set the batter aside and let it sit in a warm place for one hour.
5.Make sure the batter is fermented, but do not over ferment.
6.For syrupBoil the sugar and water together.
7.Heat the oil in a flat frying pan about 1 1/2″ deep. To check if the oil is ready, put ont drop of batter in the oil, the batter should sizzle and come up without changing in color right away.
8.Fill the Jalebi batter into a piping bag with a number 3 nozzle. You can also use an empty bottle (i.e. empty ketchup or mustard bottle).
9.Squeeze the Jalebi batter out in the hot oil in a pretzel shape to about 2 inches in diameter.
10.Fry the Jalebis until golden-brown on both sides.
11.Transfer into the warm syrup.
12.Let jalebi soak in the hot syrup for a few seconds and take out.
Nawshin Laila’s recipe
vegetable – cauliflower, potatoes, eggplant, tomatoes.
sob vegetable choto choto cube kore kete nite hobe. then pan e oil gorom kore panchforon dite hobe then onions diye fry korte hobe, onion norom hoye gele olpo ektu garlic n ginger paste diye salt and green chillies dite hobe. then ektu holud, chilli powder(only if u like it more spicy), jeera powder diye sob vegetable dite hobe and then olpo pani diye ekdom kom ache e dheke dite hobe. vegetables sob cook hoye gele tomatoes and daniya pata diye ektu nere dite hobe and then take it off from the stove after 5 mins
Tiramisu by Mahzabin Mahmud Mou
For them who are not cheese lover but love the fresh cream.
Lady finger biscuit
Warm milk with disolve coffe( depends on your likeness to coffe)
Beat cream wid sugar untill medium peak.
Disolve coffe powder into milk n warm it in microwave.
dip biscuit in milk n line in a serving dish( try for transparent n rectangle dish)
after 1st layer spread cream mixture generously.
then again put another layer of biscuit dipped into warm coffe milk.
spread cream again.
you can make rough deasign on the top by fork. just let the fork gently touch the top cream n make squrel design.
Ground i tsp coffe in to fine powder.
Sift the powder with small stainer on top of the design.
chill for 2-3 hr. serve.
better not to keep them for over night or Very long time. otherwise they will be soggy
Kunafa by Mahzabin Mahmud Mou
2-1/2 cups sugar
1-1/4 cups water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons orange blossom water
1/2 cup rice flour
4 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 tablespoons sugar
1 Packet Lassa Semai
2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter, melted
2/3 cup pistachios, chopped
1. Syrup: In a small saucepan on high heat add water, sugar and lemon juice, bring to a boil then reduce to low, cook for 5 minutes. Cook until thick, like a syrup (if it becomes to thick add a small amount of water). Add orange blossom water, cool then chill.
2. In a medium saucepan on high heat, add milk. Have a whisk and gently pour rice flour into milk, whisk vigorously until there are no lumps what so ever. Add cream, mix well. Reduce heat to low and allow simmering 10 minutes, whisking through out every minute. Add sugar, set aside.
3. In an extra large bowl, add Lassa Semai breaking all strings apart with hands. Add melted butter over Lassa Semai mixing well with hands, until covered. In an 11-12 inch pie pan, add half of Kataifi pastry, press down. Add cream filling, smoothing out then add other half of Kataifi pastry, press down. Bake in a pre-heated 350 F oven for 45 minutes.
4. Take a sharp knife and run along Lassa Semai’s sides. Cover pan with plate and gently flip. Pour half of sugar syrup over semai; reserve other half to serve at table. Garnish with pistachios.
Yields: 10 servings